Tuesday, September 25, 2007

400th waymark listed.

I just had my 400th Waymark accepted. It ended up being the Rolls Royce Neon Sign that I listed. I posted several others this evening, including a History Museum, 2 Bells, a Caboose, a Professional Sports Venue, a topiary, a Unique Steeple, a Static Aircraft Display and an Exact Replica which was a cross post of one of the bells.

This past weekend while gathering those, I also managed to visit a few Waymarks as well.

Along the way I took some pictures of a couple of other sites, that I thought I could fit into a category, but now I'm not so sure. Specifically there is the Field of 6' tall Concrete Corn in Dublin, Ohio (can be seen here, here, here, here, and here). This was a public arts project to memorialize Central Ohio's agricultural beginnings, and to symbolize the corn fields, and homesteads that stood here before they decided it was a good place for highways and office buildings.

The other is locally famous "Art" sculpture/sign/whatever (can be seen here, here, and here). It's located at the Columbus College of Art and Design in downtown Columbus, OH. It stands probably about 50' tall, and bridges the street there. The local folks like to have fun with it. There is one perspective where photo can be taken with a couple of light poles that can be made to look like the letter "F" in front of the "art" sign.

No comments: