Monday, June 23, 2008

Ciro Flex model E Photos


Ciro Flex model E
Originally uploaded by Mr. 0
Over a year ago... May 10 2007 to be exact...I mentioned that I received a Ciro Flex camera. At that time I mentioned that it was probably a model C, but now I'm more positive that it is a model E. I finally managed to get through a roll of film, and get it processed.

I kept forgetting to take it with me, and also didn't want to take it out where the camera might get damaged. The Ciro Flex will take 12 exposures on one roll of 120 film. I wasn't 100% sure about where to get the film processed. When I spoke to the folks at the local Cord Camera when I bought the film they said they could process it. The problem was they would have to send it to their main store in Columbus, and they didn't know how much it would cost. They assured me it would probably be pricey. Since I had paid $25 for 4 rolls of film already, and this was my first roll through a type of camera I've never used, I figured I would try to find a cheaper route. I knew that there were going to be some throw-aways. I didn't want to pay a huge price for those. I took a chance and dropped it off at the local CVS. The cashier had no idea if it could be processed, since she had never seen 120 film before. I got a call the other day, 11 days after dropping it off, that it was ready. I just picked it up this evening.

Overall I like the quality of the pictures. The first one was shot out my back door just to make sure I had the film loaded and everything. The following pictures I took at the Scioto River, but they were far too dark. I didn't bother to scan those. After that the camera was on the shelf for a while. I got it out a couple weeks ago and took a couple of photos at Alum Creek State Park, which finished up the roll. One ended up being an out of focus, double exposure. I shot the first one, and then remembered that I needed to focus it. I focused, shot again, and remembered that I needed to advance the film....yeah I'm that spoiled on automatic cameras that I forgot to both focus AND advance the film. I advanced, focused, and took the last picture on the roll. I still have a lot to learn. Like to pay attention and advance more slowly. I only got 9 exposures on the roll, which should have taken 12. When I loaded the film I advanced past exposure #1. Then a couple of times between shots I advanced too far as well.

In the meantime I also purchased another Ciro Flex. It's the "top of the line" model F. I have a roll in it right now, but I haven't shot anything on it yet.

So here are the shots that I scanned. They are not cropped. The film itself develops square instead of rectangular.


First Exposure
The very first shot


Too Dark Fence
One of the photos that came out too dark




Double exposure
The out of focus, double exposure.




Alum Creek State Park
Alum Creek State Park. This is the one that came out decently.

No comments: