Sunday, April 20, 2008

Unplanned Waymarking


Caledonia Bowstring Bridge
Originally uploaded by Mr. 0
Today, Dewgrl and I were heading up to find a few caches near Marion. Along the way we were going to stop by the Caledonia Bowstring Bridge to take a look and Waymark it. It falls into the Abandoned Bridges, Arch Bridges, and U.S. National Register categories. I happened across it when looking through the National Register. I had never heard of it before, and found little information about it. Luckily I did find a map of its location, which surprisingly, was correct. Beyond that we really didn't have many plans today. When going into downtown Marion, I decided that I wanted to stop at the Marion Star, to Waymark it as well. I knew it would fit into the Newspaper HQ category, but later found it was listed on Wikipedia. Of course, I submitted it to the Wikipedia Entries cat as well. We also passed by the Women's Club Home. I originally hadn't planned to mark this due to the controversy in the category, but since we were going right by it, I decided to stop. I submitted it just to see if it would be approved....although I fully expect it to be declined.

In all it ended up being a rather productive Waymarking day. Sure, we only visited 3 locations, but we didn't spend much time at it either.

No comments: