Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Sunday Waymarking

This past weekend was a busy one. Saturday was filled with Easter dinner with my family, and then a trip to Nationwide arena to watch the Columbus Blue Jackets lose their final game of the season. In spite of their loss, it was a really good game, except for the officiating, and I'm excited about the Jackets possibilities for next year.

Sunday I had planned to take that super secret trip, but didn't due to the cold and snow. We decided to stay closer to home. We headed out to nearby Marysville, Ohio to grab some lunch, and got a few waymarks while we were out there. Those marks include a couple parks, several playgrounds, a few basketball courts, an old church, a water tower, several payphones, a couple ghost signs, a steakhouse (which we didn't know existed before this), an airport, a couple welcome signs, an independent doughnut shop, a couple independent pizza joints, a relocated structure (I need more info on this one, it's still on steel beams and has stacks of wood under it, so it's obvious that it was moved or is being moved...I just don't know anything about it) and even though I don't like the "corporate" waymarks so much we did get a McD's, BK, Subway, Wal-mart, Dollar Store, Starbucks, and a Dairy Queen. There is still much more to be found in Marysville, but we're going to wait until it gets a little warmer so we can walk around and enjoy it more.

After leaving Marysville I decided there were a few more places I wanted to stop on the way home...sort of. We ran by Mill Creek Golf Course which is where 2003 British Open Champion Ben Curtis grew up playing golf, so I got that listed under the golf courses category. We also got a boat ramp, fishing hole, and even though I didn't think about it at the time a river/stream confluence. I'm going to need better pics for the confluence though. We also got a couple of truss bridges, benchmarks, another old church, and a train bridge.

All in all it was a good waymarking day aside from the cold and snow, and the change of plans from our original intentions.

I was hoping to get more caught up on my backlog this evening, however I'm having difficulties with my DSL disconnecting every 5 minutes again. I should call the tech folks, but from all the previous times I know I'm going to get the run around and I really don't feel like dealing with it tonight. Usually I get disconnected for a couple minutes and then it'll reconnect. So I call as soon as I get disconnected and by the time I'm through the IVR it's reconnected. At that point they always tell me that since my internet is connected and working that I'm obviously not having problems so there was no need to call (This is almost verbatim from 2 of the 6 people I talked to 2 weeks ago when I was having the trouble). They will eventually see that I'm calling in every 10 minutes, since they always want me to call back when I get disconnected. Finally they tell me they put in a trouble ticket and I'll get a call back in 24-48 hours, but I never get a call back. It usually does start working again for a week or two through so I've never bothered to call to find out if my supposed trouble ticket was actually resolved or if it was just a coincidence. I really just need to cancel this service and get something else at this point.

At least I've learned to copy and paste any info I've typed up on my waymarks before I go to the next page. I've lost a lot of typing on some of them in the past.

No comments: