Thursday, April 19, 2007

Macbook

I just received the Macbook that I ordered late last week. Dewgrl and I ran a few errands today, and I was worried that the FedEx guy was going to show up while we were gone, but he actually pulled up about 30 seconds after we got home.

So far I've set it up, and I'm currently downloading the various updates for it. I picked this up mainly because my current laptop doesn't work that well, and my PC isn't exactly portable, so I needed something new for the college courses I'm going to be starting in May.

I've never owned or even worked on a Mac of any sort. Even though I've only been on here for about a 1/2 hour (long enough to boot up, start the updates, figure out what program gets me on the net, and download Firefox), I'm really liking the OSx, the speed, and ease of use. The display is physically smaller than the WinXP laptop I have, and I was concerned about that, however that doesn't seem to be any issue. The graphics are nice and clear on this MacBook.

For what it's worth it is a MacBook, not MacBook Pro. I opted to grab a refurbished one instead of one brand new. It still carries the same warranty and everything, so I'm not concerned about it. It has a 13.3" glossy screen, 120gb hard drive, 1gb ram, and the "superdrive" or whatever that reads and writes CDs and DVDs.

I still have a lot of stuff to learn and figure out on here, and I won't have much time for that today, but like I said I do like very much what I see so far. I am still concerned about compatibility with the programs and games I frequently use on my PC and WinXP based laptop, so we'll see how that all works out for me.

No comments: