Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Geocaching presentation

I just got home from giving a Geocaching presentation at the Marion library. I was asked to do so on behalf of the Marion County Parks Department. They are basically looking to use Geocaching to promote their parks, since they're relatively new and mostly unknown. Several people who were not involved with the park did show up, but I was hoping for a few more folks. Oh well. I was sort of fun since I haven't really done any kind of public speaking since I was in high school, but it's something I've always enjoyed. I'm weird like that though. In a one-on-one setting, or a very small group, I'm very shy and don't talk much at all. However if I'm in front of a larger group, I have no problems. I guess I'm just wired wrong.


This coming Saturday we're going to have a program at one of the parks. It's basically an extension of the presentation, where folks are invited out to the park to actually try Geocaching. There is one cache at the park, and I may be placing some temporary caches as well. We're also going to have a few GPSr's for folks to use if they don't have their own. Should be a good time.

No comments: