Saturday, May 31, 2008

Waymarking at work, more backlog completed, and more icons

Over the past week I've been working on getting the backlog posted. So far I've managed to get about 35 of them out there this week. Some of them have earned me new icons. I thought I was relatively diligent about posting Waymarks that fall into a new category. In going through these, I've found that not to be the case. In addition I've managed to cross-post a few in new categories as well. Most of them have ended up being cemeteries and Zinc headstones though.

Today was a fun day of Waymarking. Every year we have a departmental outing at work, mainly just to get out of the office and blow off some steam. This year it was decided that we would visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. This means I head into work at my normal time, we leave around 11:15am, and spend the rest of the day there. The weather was great for it too. We started out with a scavenger hunt of sorts, then had lunch and played a few games. After that we were free to do whatever. I stuck around a bit to grab some Waymarks. I've been out here a few times in the past couple of years, but I always seem to forget my GPS. Today I grabbed the zoo itself, the aquarium, a couple of coin-op binoculars, and the amusement park next door (Zoombezi Bay Waterpark). I really can't complain about having to work a 1/2 day, on a Friday, when it's beautiful outside, and getting paid while participating in one of my favorite hobbies!

No comments: