Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A quick double stack tonight.

I didn't intend to do any Waymarking today, but an opportunity presented itself that I couldn't pass up. This morning at work I was listening to some local talk radio, and they mentioned a train derailment that happened to be about 5 miles north of where I live. I looked up some info online at the local news stations to get more of an idea as to what happened. When I saw that there were no injuries, I immediately though of Waymarking.

It happened about 4am this morning, where a little back country road crosses the local CSX rails. 24 cars filled with office equipment left the tracks, essentially creating a big mess. There were no vehicles at the crossing, and the engines were well past the crossing, so like I said, no one was hurt.

So for this I was able to mark it as a News Article Location since it already appeared online and in the local newspaper, it's not approved in that category yet. I also listed, and it was approved, in Railway Disaster Sites. Nothing like posting Waymarks only about 16 hours after they happen. :)

No comments: