Saturday, May 5, 2007

Waymarking Sticker Seekers

I finally got around to getting a couple of stickers, and a waymark listed under the Waymarking Sticker Seekers category. As of this writing it hasn't been approved. Strangely I ended up with another interesting waymark code. This time it's WM1G0D (It's a zero, not an "O"), I guess the site just doesn't know what to think about me, I'm either WM1BAD, or WM1G0D....which is it? :)

Additionally I'm thinking about transferring this blog over to a personal site so I'll have more control over what additional information I can add in the sidebar and such...I haven't looked into it yet, but if it's going to be a pain, I won't bother. Otherwise look for an update to the url soon.

Finally, I ended up grabbing a few more Waymarks today. I did stop up for the Ohio Historical Marker dedication, however I either read the site wrong, or they ended up moving it to tomorrow due to the weather, but they didn't have it today. The marker has already been placed, and it's there for the reading, so I went ahead and took pics of it. It's directly next to a marker that was placed in 2003, so it's now a "two-fer" there. I also marked a Goodwill store, independent coffee shop, possibly a Super Fund site (I have to do more research, but I think it should be listed as a Super Fund site), a history museum, a sundial, a rose garden, grave of a famous person, a couple of sites on the National Register of Historic Places, a cannon, a couple of former schools, a WWII memorial, a firefighter memorial, a police memorial, a couple of hobby/occupational graves, a bell, a golf course, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

No comments: